You can do it yourself just like the car dealers do with the Jax Wax Engine Compartment Clean and Detail Kit and a few quarters at your local self-serve car wash.
Every time we have shown someone how to do this, they seem to be amazed at the ease and results of this simple process.
Don't Be Intimidated - it's really so easy anyone can do it!
Other than a better looking appearance, other benefits of a clean engine compartment include being able to detect and identify the source of any fluid leaks, being able to shed heat more effectively, much more pleasant to work on and a lot easier to sell when the time comes.
This kit should be able to do 3 to 4 vehicles
Now you can get fast, commercial-quality results by using the same products the "pros" do - and by doing it yourself!
The Jax Wax Engine Compartment Clean and Detail Kit includes:
A Highly Concentrated Cleaner and Degreaser
- Easily Removes Oil, Grease, Grime and Dirt
- Cleans, Deodorizes and Degreases the Toughest Dirty Jobs
- Safe for All Surfaces
- Non Caustic
- No Residue
- Pleasant Scent No Overwhelming Odors or Toxic Fumes
- Replaces Multitude of Cleaners and Degreasers
- Biodegradable & Safe For Environment
Professional Grade Water Based Dressing for all Plastic, Rubber, Vinyl and Leather Surfaces
- Makes Any Surface Look Like New
- Long Lasting
- Dries Completely Will Not Stay Greasy or Tacky Like Others That Attract Dust
- Safe for Any Surface
- Makes It Easier to Keep Surfaces Clean
1. Soap down the exterior around the engine compartment.
This is a precaution in the case on a hot sunny day - you don't want Super Citrus to dry on your painted finish. There is usually enough soap left over on the brush in a self-serve car wash to do the job.
2. Lift the hood.
2. Facing the front of the car, set the
Jax Wax Super Citrus sprayer to "Stream" and start spraying the product side to side working from the farthest point to the nearest.
The reason you want to start at the farthest point and work towards you, is that if any product dribbles from the sprayer you are utilizing it. Take care to cover the area completely.
3. Repeat the process in step 2 facing the driver side of the car.
4. Repeat the process in step 2 facing the passenger side of the car.
The reason that you spray from all 3 sides is to completely cover all nooks and crannies in the engine compartment.
5. Pop in some quarters and select High Pressure Rinse.
6. Spray off the entire engine and compartment.
7. Shut the hood and rinse off any residue from the exterior finish of the car, including windshield, grill and fenders,
8. Open the hood. With the sprayer set to "Stream" liberally coat the engine compartment with Jax Wax Shine All.
It will appear to be all white and "milky". Don't be concerned - you aren't making a mess! It will dissipate, and produce a nice even coat and dry in the next step!
9. Close the hood and get on the freeway for about 3 to 4 miles.
10. Stop and open the hood and marvel at your clean and freshly detailed engine compartment!
Works well on a "warm" engine.
The reason that we are confident that you will love the Jax Wax Engine Compartment Clean and Detail Kit Car Care Kit is simple - We ARE the Manufacturer. Even though more costly, we only use the highest quality ingredients and do not dilute our products to increase profits.
These are the same car care products that we sell to our commercial customers consisting of hundreds of car dealers, professional detailers, auto body shops and classic car owners every day. Jax Wax car care products are commercial products that are of higher quality than than most "retail" car wax products that sit on the "wax wall" vying for your hard earned dollars with slick labels and packaging.
Click here to read "Should You Use Professional Car Care Products?